…New to River Park (403 Confederation Drive) is a 9 basket Disc Golf course!
Disc Golf is played much like traditional golf. Instead of a balls and clubs, however, players use a flying disc, or Frisbee. The object is to complete each hole in the fewest (or in this case, fewest throws). A golf disc is thrown from a tee area to a target which is the “hole”. The hole is an elevated metal basket.
As a player progresses down the fairway, he or she must take each consecutive throw from the spot where the previous throw landed. The trees, shrubs and terrain provide obstacles for the golfers. Finally the “putt” lands in the basket and the hole is completed. Disc golf is designed to be enjoyed by people of all ages, be sure to check it out! View the course map here & scorecards can be downloaded and printed here!
The course is located in a parkway near a City campground. We would ask that you show Course Courtesy:
- Remain quiet and avoid unnecessary movements while others are throwing
- Stand behind the player who is throwing until the play is complete
- Remove disc from the disc pole basket after completing the hole
- Help new players learn the rules
- Allow faster groups to play through when possible
- Pick up garbage and put in proper receptacles
- Do not alter the course (trees, bushes, etc.( in any way
- Please be respectful of other River Park users and campground patrons