The City of Weyburn operates a municipal Cemetery located on the southern outskirts of the City along Highway # 35. The Cemetery is approximately 24 acres in size and has the capacity for approximately 8,000 interments. It is accessed by using the service road at Tenth Avenue South. There is a Veterans area which was refurbished in 1995 with new concrete runners and grass. The old markers were cleaned and re-installed, making the area a fitting tribute to those who gave their lives to protect our freedom.
The Cemetery Bylaw and Provincial Legislation prohibit certain activities from being conducted in the Cemetery:
- Pets are not allowed in the Cemetery,
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult,
- Sport activities are not allowed in the Cemetery,
- No markers, monuments, fences, trees, flowers, shrubs, railing, trellises or other such items may be erected or installed or removed except by the City and
- Glass displays are not allowed in the Cemetery.
Hillcrest Cemetery has sections set aside for both traditional casket interments and in ground cremation interments. There is also an above ground Columbarium structure for cremation interments.