Profile > Quick Facts
- Population: 10,484 (2011)
- Retail Trading Area: 25,000
- History: Founded in 1898; incorporated into a village in 1902, a town in 1903 and a city in 1913.
- Economic Base: Agricultural service and shipping centre; Oilfield exploration, development and services; Manufacturing and processing; Business and industrial services.
- Tourist Information: City of Weyburn Information Booth located at Soo Line Historical Museum (411 Industrial Lane, off Highway #39) - phone (306) 842-2922.
- Public Facilities: 10 educational facilities; 5 hospitals and special care facilities; 6 recreational facilities; 3 arts, cultural and library facilities.
- Shopping and Business: More than 220 stores and personal services; More than 20 restaurants; 8 hotels and motels; 8 meeting and convention facilities; 8 legal, accounting and other business services; 3 parks.
- Major Service Clubs: IOOF, Kinsmen, Kinettes, Legion Auxiliary, Lions, Lioness, Quota, Rebekahs, Rotary, Royal Purple, Young Fellows, YF Wives.
- Key Distances: Regina 114 km (71 miles); Calgary 874 km (543 miles); Winnipeg 563 km (350 miles); Minot 275 km (171 miles).
- Transportation: Moose Jaw-Minneapolis rail line; Municipal Airport; 3 highways including one to Minot, North Dakota via the North Portal border crossing; Saskatchewan Transportation Co. (bus line); Stagecoach Bus Tours & Charters.
- Communications: Radio station; Cable television; 2 newspapers; Full fiber optic and cellular telephone network.
- Climate: Average daily temperature in January -10.3C; average daily temperature in July +26.5C; annual sunshine usually exceeds 2,250 hours or more than 6 hours per day; average rainfall over 30 years is 0.28 m; average snowfall over 30 years is 1.13 m.
- Elevation: 586m
- Latitude: 49.40' 0 N
- Longitude: 103.50' 60 W
- Land Description: PDF
CITY OF WEYBURN
P.O. Box 370
157 3rd Street N.E.
Weyburn, SK, Canada
Home | City
Council | Services | Weyburn
Events Calendar | Community
Contact Us | A-Z
Copyright© 2004 City of Weyburn. All rights reserved.