Services > Cemeteries > Horne (Weyburn) Cemetery
This early cemetery operated from 1916 to 1923. It is located about 1600 Meters (1 mile) south of the City on Provincial Highway # 35. (The Legal Land Description is NE ¼ of Section 5, Township 8, Range 14, West of the 2nd Meridian)
When Hillcrest Cemetery opened in about 1926, many of the interments in the Horne Cemetery were exhumed and relocated to Hillcrest Cemetery.
A cairn was placed at Horne Cemetery to commemorate those pioneers who are still buried there.
The records containing names, and some dates, are now kept by the City of Weyburn in the custody of the Parks Department.