Effective April 1, 1998, the City of Weyburn implemented a service connection fee to cover the cost of maintenance or replacement of existing water and/or sewer service connection. This fee, which is based on the size of your water service, will charged on your water bill. (e.g. Residential house sizes usually vary from 1/2 inch to 1 inch and the cost for all water services up to and including 1 inch in size is $5.50 per month).
The Water and Sewer Service Connection Fund covers the following cost:
- any maintenance or repair required to the service connection from the center of the Street or from the main to a point not closer than one meter from the building foundation,
- any replacement required to a service connection (of the same size or an old lead water service) from the center of the Street or from the main to a point not closer than one meter from the building foundation,
- all plugged sanitary sewers up to two times per year per service, unless it can be shown that the plugged sewer resulted from the owner’s negligence, in which case the owner shall be responsible for the costs,
- all frozen water services once per year per service (from the main to the building,
- for removing any trees in the boulevard (at the City’s discretion) that are an obstruction to the repair or replacement of the water or sewer service and
- for backfilling an initial leveling of excavations related to the water or sewer service repair or replacement.
- to re-seed and re-landscape after backfilling and initial leveling has been carried out by the City,
- any corrective action required because of settlement on the owner’s property and
- any replacement required to the service connection when water or sewer are upgraded to a larger size or as a result of property re-development OR any new service connection.
Inquiries should be directed to the City Building Department at (306) 848-3221.