The Weyburn Security Bank was the only Saskatchewan chartered bank to operate in this Province. The bank functioned from 1910 to 1931, and had 32 branch offices at one time. At the head office, the design of this building reflects traditional bank institutional features to give the building a sense of security and prominence.
The bank was purchased by the Imperial Bank of Canada in 1931. The Imperial Bank of Canada merged with the Canadian Bank of Commerce in 1961 becoming the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), as it remains to this day.