City services impact your life every day. Each time you visit a recreation centre, borrow a book from the library, have your garbage or recycling picked up, drink clean water from the tap – you are using a City of Weyburn service.
The annual budget is a financial plan that describes how much money the City will raise and spend. It determines the level of service provided to Weyburn residents and guides decisions on what City infrastructure will be built and repaired.
As the City is limited by the amount of resources available, the budget helps in determining which objectives have the highest priority and will produce the greatest positive impact in the community.
- Property taxes, rates, fees
- Development charges
- Internal Reserves
- Debt (External Loans)
- Oct. 24, 2022: Preliminary budget presented to Weyburn City Council at the regularly scheduled Council meeting held in Council Chambers.
- Oct. 25 – Nov. 18: Opportunity for public input.
- Nov. 28 – Further budget discussions at the scheduled Council meeting. Delegations may appear before City Council at this meeting and public input will be discussed.
- Dec. 12 – Final budget approval by City Council at the scheduled Council meeting.
An open budget process offers citizens an opportunity to learn about the municipal budget process and provide input on priorities. Transparent and inclusive budgeting facilitates citizen understanding of issues and government processes, ensures transparency and accountability, improves the quality of decisions made and increases support for the decisions made.
Individuals and/or organizations requesting an opportunity to appear as a delegation before Council regarding budget, must submit request to the City Clerks Office by Nov. 18, 2022.
Input received from the public will be provided to Council at the Nov. 28, 2022 Council meeting.