The Weyburn Builds Incentive Program is designed to encourage property owners to renovate or make improvements to exteriors of aging houses or new construction in the mature (infill) areas of the City of Weyburn.
In addition this program supports economic growth within the community and encourages the use of local materials and labour providers.
Work Eligible for Consideration
- New home construction:
- Single family dwellings;
- Semi-detached dwellings (side by side dwellings); and
- Duplex dwellings (up and down dwellings).
- Placement of a new mobile home or modular home;
- Attached additions, garages or decks to existing homes; and
- Major dwelling exterior upgrades, including siding, shingles, windows, doors.
Who Can Qualify
Assessed property owners in the City of Weyburn whose dwelling unit is a minimum of 25 years old, or whose vacant property is situated in a neighborhood which was developed a minimum of 25 years ago. They must also submit an application that is a approved as satisfying to the program criteria.
Types of Incentives
- Grant – Owners constructing additions or attached garages, major exterior upgrades or bringing in a new mobile/modular home may be eligible for a grant of $50 per $1,000 of approved work.
- Tax Reduction – Owners who carry out new construction of a dwelling or RTM may be eligible for a property tax reduction of 75% for the first three years.
How to Apply
Contact the City of Weyburn Building Department at (306) 848-3221 to ensure you are eligible.
A building permit must be issued for the project and the Weyburn Builds Application Form must be properly submitted.
For additional criteria, view the information sheet on the Weyburn Builds Incentive Program.