City of Weyburn is committed to protecting the health and safety of all individuals affected by our activities, as part of that commitment we require our contactors to adhere to the same principles. We recognize that the contractors that we hire are a representation of our company and we require them to meet or exceed our HSE policies & those of our clients.
This Policy is applicable to all contractors hired to work on any of our sites and must be included in all bid requests.
The following are required prior to commencing work for City of Weyburn:
- City of Weyburn Business License
- WCB coverage – WCB Clearance Letter or Letter of Good Standing
- HSE Statistics – WCB Premium Rate Statement
- Certificate of Insurance
- HSE Programs – Table of contents from Safety Manual (if a contractor does not have a safety manual they must adopt City of Weyburn Policies & be given an electronic copy of the HSE Manual for reference)
- Copy of Alcohol & Drug or Fit For Duty Policies (All Contractors must adhere to the Drug and Alcohol Policy and/or Fit For Duty Policies at all times while at the work site)
- Employee Training documentation (e.g. 1st Aid, Fall Protection, Confined Space)
Contractors shall implement a comprehensive health and safety program that meets the standards of Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety requirements, including but not limited to, written work practices, policies and procedures, workplace inspections, the provision of supervision and training to all workers and the investigation and reporting of workplace incidents.
City of Weyburn provides a client specific site orientation that addresses health, safety, security and/or environmental concerns. All contractors shall be included in pre-job meetings and hazard assessments.
All incidents, including near misses, must be reported to the City of Weyburn. City of Weyburn will participate in any incident investigations as required.
Post job performance reviews may be conducted for contractors. A combination of factors may be considered including, but not limited to quality of work, housekeeping, cost, and active participation in safety meetings.
For more information, contact:
Safety Coordinator | City of Weyburn
P: (306) 848-3235 | F: (306)842-2001