A permit issued by Council or the Development Officer, as the case may be, that authorizes development, but does not include the Building Permit.
Development – Any building, engineering, mining or other operations in, on, or over land or the making of any material change in the use or the intensity of the use, of any building or land.
1. No development shall proceed without a development permit except for:
- Maintenance or repair work where a building permit is not required;
- Temporary facilities required for the duration of development operations in which a development permit has been approved;
- Accessory buildings less than 75 m2; or
2. An approved building permit for a detached, semi-detached or duplex dwelling unit shall also constitute as a development permit.
3. Offsite development levies may be applicable to development which include, but are not limited to, expansion, re-developments and new developments as set out in Bylaw 2014.3320.
Permitted Uses – A permitted use in any zone is a lawful use in such zone.
Discretionary Uses – A use, within the Zoning Bylaw 2003.2099 to be discretionary, is not automatically a permitted or lawful use, but may be permitted, in the discretion of Council, and upon such approval the use shall be permitted and lawful only at the location and only in accordance with conditions specified by Council at the time of approval.
Each zone within the City of Weyburn has specific requirements and regulations with regards to uses that may be considered permitted or discretionary.
For more information contact the Planning Department at (306) 848-3221 or email@example.com.