The Human Resources Department provides advice and assistance to the City of Weyburn management and employees in the areas of:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Labour Relations
- Labour Negotiations
- Employee Relations
- Pension and Benefits
- Health and Wellness initiatives
- Policy research and development
- Training & Development
- Workers compensation & risk management
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Information Technology
The City of Weyburn employees have civic pride in their community and work in teams of mutual support to create an inspiring work environment. We celebrate our achievements and recognize our long term employees yearly. We aim to attract, develop, reward and retain highly qualified and devoted people and our track record endorses our devotion to a good work environment.
The City of Weyburn currently employs approximately 180 full time and part time employees within the areas of Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Police, Fire, Leisure, Public Works and Parks, Water Treatment, Engineering, Building and Planning & Development.
Our employees consist of staff representing:
- Three trade unions:
- Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE Local 90)
- Weyburn Police Association
- Weyburn Professional Fire Fighters Association (IAFF Local 2989)
- Out of Scope Employees
- Weyburn Fire Brigade (Paid on call Fire Fighters)
For current job openings with the City of Weyburn check the Employment Opportunities or contact Human Resources Manager at (306) 848-3229.