The City of Weyburn encourages responsible recycling! For questions regarding your Blue Recycling Cart, please contact GFL Environmental at (306) 842-7209.
Recycling Collection Guide
Follow these four steps to ensure you are using your blue recycling carts properly:
1) Fill it
- Do not bag or stack items. Keep recyclables loose in the cart.
- Put shredded paper in a clear plastic bag that is tied closed.
- Keep cart lids closed.
- Do not let your carts overflow.
- Do not place additional waste beside your cart.
- Make sure material is not packed too tightly and can easily come out of the carts when the collection truck picks it up.
2) Place it
- On collection day, place the carts on even ground on the street or in the back alley before 7 a.m.
- Make sure they do not block traffic.
- Place cart wheels against the curb. In the winter, place your cart with its wheels against the street side of the snow ridge.
- Arrange the cart so the arrows on the lid are pointed toward the centre of the road.
3) Space it
- Leave enough space around your cart so that you can walk around it.
- Leave at least one metre (four feet) of space between other objects such as parked cars, power poles, utility boxes, fences, downspouts and garages.
4) Store it
- Roll your empty cart back in a secure location on your property or against your fence after it has been collected.
Check out this short video (courtesy of the City of Regina) on the do’s and dont’s of using your recycling and refuse carts.
DID YOU KNOW? …. Many of our local businesses accept various materials for recycling throughout the year?
|Alcohol Bottles||SARCAN Recycling||1800 Ebel Rd.|
|Liquor Store||110 Souris Ave. (City Centre Mall)|
|Antifreeze||City of Weyburn||Landfill Eco Centre – Hwy 35 S|
|Appliances (in working condition)||Blue Earth Environmental||35 – 3rd St. NE|
|Batteries||City of Weyburn Fire Dept.||55 – 16th St. NE|
|Beverage Containers||SARCAN Recycling||1800 Ebel Rd.|
|Cardboard, Newsprint, Paper||City of Weyburn||GFL bin, Corner of 18th St. & Railway Ave.|
|Clothing/Household Items||Salvation Army Thrift Store||130 – 4th St. NE|
|Blue Earth Environmental||35 – 3rd St. NE|
|Electronics||SARCAN Recycling||1800 Ebel Rd.|
|Furniture||Blue Earth Environmental||35 – 3rd St. NE|
|Glass (Clean, non-coloured)||City of Weyburn||GFL bin, Corner of 18th St. & Railway Ave.|
|Grass/Leaves||City of Weyburn||Landfill Compost Area – Hwy 35 S|
|Paint||SARCAN Recycling||1800 Ebel Rd.|
|Plastic Grocery Bags||Prairie Sky Co-op||215 – 2nd St. NE|
|Rags||Salvation Army Thrift Store||130 – 4th St.|
|Scrap Metal||Mryglod Steel & Metals||1305 Railway Ave.|
|Southside Auto Wreckers||Hwy 39 E|
|Tin/Aluminum Cans||Mryglod Steel & Metals||1350 Railway Ave.|
|Used Oil, Filters & Containers||City of Weyburn||Landfill Eco Centre – Hwy 35 S|
Do you have an item you would like to recycle other than those listed above? Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council can help you find the best place to recycle anything from your home or workplace!