The City of Weyburn taxation process is as follows:
- No prepayment notices will be sent to residents.
- No discounts for paying of taxes in advance will be given as of January 1, 2012.
- Assessment notices are sent as soon as information from Saskatchewan Assessment Management Agency (SAMA) is received and balanced, usually in March.
- Taxation notices are then sent as soon as the mill rates from the school divisions are received in May.
- Penalties start being applied: Aug. 1 (1.50%), Sept. 1 (1.50%), Oct. 1 (1.50%), Nov. 1 (1.50%), Dec. 1 (1.50%).
- Amounts not paid by Dec. 31 will have a 10% penalty added (amounts unpaid as of this time may be subject to tax enforcement).
For questions regarding tax enforcement, please contact city hall at (306) 848-3200.
View the interactive property tax notice explanation.
Under provincial legislation, the City of Weyburn is responsible for providing services to its residents, such as:
All of these services are paid for with funds collected through taxes, grants and other revenues such as user fees.
Each year, city council approves an estimate of the funds that will be required to finance the above services for the current year. The proposed operating budget identifies each one of the service programs to be offered along with their respective cost and how they will be financed.