Weyburn’s first hospital was built in 1905 as a private institution by Dr. Hugh Eaglesham. The wood frame structure contained 8 patient beds. It was operated for one year by the ‘Sister of our Lady of the Cross’.
Water had to be hauled and other conveniences were few and far between. Dr. Eaglesham made up his own drugs from supplies he kept on hand. IT ceased to be a hospital in 1913 after the Weyburn General Hospital opened and it is presently the Signal Hill Arts Centre.