The Zoning Bylaw governs how land is used and developed within the City of Weyburn. Properties are assigned a ‘zone’ which dictates what types of land uses are permitted on the property such as residential, commercial or industrial.
Zoning Bylaw 2020-3412 is the zoning bylaw that is currently in effect and is applicable to all lands located within the City of Weyburn. This City recently undertook a review of the Zoning Bylaw in conjunction with the Official Community Plan review process which led to the approval of this new bylaw to keep up-to-date with current planning and economic conditions. The Zoning Bylaw 2020-3412 was approved by City Council on October 13, 2020 and Approved subject to conditions by the Minister of Government Relations on December 21, 2020.
- The zoning by-law provides regulations regarding:
- Lot sizes, lot dimensions, and coverage
- Types of buildings/structures that are permitted, where they can be located and how they can be used
- Buildings setbacks, height, densities, and floor area ratios
- Landscaped spaces and parking/loading requirements
- Fencing restrictions
- Home-based Businesses
- Restrictions on size, location and other requirements for signs
The responsibility for compliance with the Zoning Bylaw rests with the property owner. Failure to comply can have serious and potentially very costly consequences.
Where provisions of the zoning bylaw cannot be met, it may be appropriate for an application for a minor variance or a zoning bylaw amendment depending on the requested variances to the bylaw. You can use our interactive zoning map to determine the applicable zoning by entering an address.
Inquiries should be directed to the Planning and Development Coordinator at (306) 848-3225.