STOP. THINK. SORT.
Download the list of recyclable items accepted in our blue bins.
Follow these four steps to ensure you are using your blue recycling carts properly:
1) Fill it
- Do not bag or stack items. Keep recyclables loose in the cart.
- Put shredded paper in a clear plastic bag that is tied closed.
- Keep cart lids closed.
- Do not let your carts overflow.
- Do not place additional waste beside your cart.
- Make sure material is not packed too tightly and can easily come out of the carts when the collection truck picks it up.
2) Place it
- On collection day, place the carts on even ground on the street or in the back alley before 7 a.m.
- Make sure they do not block traffic.
- Place cart wheels against the curb. In the winter, place your cart with its wheels against the street side of the snow ridge.
- Arrange the cart so the arrows on the lid are pointed toward the centre of the road.
3) Space it
- Leave enough space around your cart so that you can walk around it.
- Leave at least one metre (four feet) of space between other objects such as parked cars, power poles, utility boxes, fences, downspouts and garages.
4) Store it
- Roll your empty cart back in a secure location on your property or against your fence after it has been collected.
If you are have difficulty moving your cart or have any questions please contact GFL at (306) 634-7209
Check out this short video (courtesy of the City of Regina) on the do’s and don’t of using your recycling and refuse carts: