- Any maintenance of repair required to the service connection from the center of the Street or from the main to a point not closer than one meter from the building foundation;
- Any replacement required to a service connection (of the same size or an old lead water service) from the center of the street or from the main to a point not closer than one metre from the building foundation;
- All plugged sanitary sewers up to two times per year service, unless it can be shown that the plugged sewer resulted from the owner’s negligence, in which case the owner shall be responsible for the costs;
- All frozen water services once per year service (at the City of Weyburn’s discretion) that are an obstruction to the repair or replacement of the water or sewer service; and
- Backfilling an initial leveling of excavations related to the water or sewer service repair or replacement.
- To re-seed and re-landscape after backfilling and initial leveling has been carried out by the City of Weyburn;
- Any corrective action required because of settlement on the owner’s property; and
- Any replacement required to the service connection when water or sewer are upgraded to a larger size or as a result of property redevelopment or any new service connection.
Service Connection Fund
Effective April 1, 1998, the City of Weyburn implemented a service connection fee to cover the cost of maintenance or replacement of existing water and/or sewer service connection.
This fee, which is based on the size of your water service, will be charged on your water bill (e.g. residential house sizes usually vary from 1/2 inch to 1 inch and the cost for all water services up to and including 1 inch in size is $5.50 per month).
It is against the law to dump any type of contaminants into a storm sewer as it releases directly into the river system.
For more information, or if you have concerns with your existing sewer or water connection, please contact the Public Works department at (306) 848-3290.