In response to COVID-19 City of Weyburn facilities are currently closed to the public. The following Payment options are available to the public:
• Drop Box at City Hall (cash or cheque) – A night deposit can be found just outside the City Hall main entrance , City Hall is located at 157 3rd St. NE.. Please make sure the type of payment and account number or property address is specified.
• By mail – Mail your bill stub and cheque to: City of Weyburn, PO Box 370, Weyburn, SK, S4H 2K6
• Online banking – Online banking is offered by most banks and financial institutions for utility bills and property taxes. For other payments such as business licenses, fees and rentals, please request a direct deposit form for online payment by emailing email@example.com.
• Pre-authorized Payment Plan (PAP) – This program offers automatic withdrawal from your bank account. For utility bills the exact amount will be withdrawn from your account at the end of the month. For Property Taxes, we offer several different withdrawal dates to ensure taxes are paid in full by December 31. Forms are available at https://weyburn.ca/payment-options/. Email your completed application form and a void cheque to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at City Hall Drop Box @ 157 3rd St. NE.
For your convenience the City of Weyburn offers the following methods of payment:
- In person – Payment can be made at City Hall by cash, cheque or debit. City Hall is located at 157 3rd St. NE. A night deposit can be found just outside the city hall main entrance. If you use the night deposit, please make sure the type of payment and account number or property address is specified.
- By mail – Mail your bill stub and cheque to: City of Weyburn, PO Box 370, Weyburn, SK, S4H 2K6
- Pre-authorized Payment Plan (PAP) – This program offers automatic withdrawal from your bank account with the exact amount of your bill at the end of the month. You can sign up at City Hall, please bring your completed application form and a void cheque with you. All NSF and returned payments will be charged a $15 fee. After two dishonored payments, you will be removed from the program.
- At your financial institution – Online or telephone banking is offered by most banks and financial institutions, but please allow three to four business days for your payment to reach us if you are paying online, by telephone banking, or at an authorized agent. If your banking information changes, you must notify the City of Weyburn at least two weeks before the next payment is due.
- By credit card through Plastiq Inc. – The City of Weyburn offers the option of online credit card payments for your utility bills and property taxes through a third-party service provider called Plastiq Inc. Click HERE for details.
The EyeOnWater App is Now Available!
You can now view and monitor your water usage online! With this app you will be able to view your daily and weekly water usage, and be alerted when a leak has been detected.
Follow the simple steps on the EyeOnWater website to access your water usage information online. When creating your account you will be asked to enter your utility billing account number; please be sure to include the dashes (001-0001234-123).
The EyeOnWater app is available on Android and iOS. If you have any questions, please contact city hall at (306) 848-3200.