Hillcrest Cemetery is owned and operated by the City of Weyburn. The cemetery pays respect and tribute to the people who built our City. It provides service at reasonable rates to all faiths and cultures of all people.
For more information, contact the Parks Department at (306) 848-3290
Your Community Cemetery
More people are pre-planning their funeral in a sincere effort to be helpful to their families and for their own peace of mind. In doing so, there are a variety of options to consider.
A pre-arranged funeral plan is available from most funeral homes. Pre-need memorialization options may be purchased through funeral homes.
Our staff would be pleased to talk to you about payment options for licenses and other fees. You can find more information by viewing our price list or by contacting the Parks Department at (306) 848-3290, business hours are 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Every effort is made by Cemetery Administration to provide a stately and secure place for memorials and a dignified atmosphere for visitors. The cemetery is governed by the City of Weyburn’s Cemetery Bylaw and the Province of Saskatchewan Cemeteries Act.
Rules and Regulations
1. No interment may take place without obtaining the proper permits and paying the required fees.
2. Monuments may only be installed by funeral home or monument supplier and must meet the size and style requirements of the Cemetery Bylaw
3. Vases must be installed by Cemetery Staff and only vases mounted to the monument or concrete runner may be installed. Live flowers will be removed and thrown out after they have wilted. Artificial flowers will be removed and thrown out in October of every year. Vases stuck in the ground will be removed immediately.
4. Live annual flowers may be planted on new graves for 2 years after interment with permission of the administrator.
5. No perennials, trees, markers or displays allowed.
6. No glass vases, markers or displays allowed
7. Any display not meeting the Hillcrest Regulations may be removed by staff.
8. No Pets allowed in the Cemetery.
9. The City of Weyburn is NOT liable for damage to any monument item or display placed on grave.
10. No fence, railing trellis, curbing or grave covers allowed
11. No displays or articles surrounding the base or on top of columbarium allowed.
For more information on Rules and Regulations contact the Parks Department at (306) 848-3290 or view the City of Weyburn’s Cemetery Bylaw