Disc Golf is played much like traditional golf. Instead of clubs and golf balls, however, players use a flying disc, or Frisbee. The object is to complete each hole in the fewest throws. A disc is thrown from a tee area to a target which is the “hole.” The hole is an elevated metal basket.
Players must each take consecutive throws as they progresses down the fairway from the spot where their previous throw landed. The trees, shrubs and terrain provide obstacles for the golfers. Finally the “putt” lands in the basket and the hole is completed. Disc golf is designed to be enjoyed by people of all ages!
The course is located in River Park (403 Confederation Dr.) near the City of Weyburn campground.
We ask all players to show Course Courtesy:
- Remain quiet and avoid unnecessary movements while others are throwing;
- Stand behind the player who is throwing until the play is complete;
- Remove disc from the disc pole basket after completing the hole;
- Help new players learn the rules;
- Allow faster groups to play through when possible;
- Pick up garbage and put in proper receptacles;
- Do not alter the course (trees, bushes, etc.) in any way; and
- Please be respectful of other River Park users and campground patrons.