Released December 13, 2018
WEYBURN – The provincial government and the City of Weyburn urges everyone to take part in the 12 Days of Holiday Safety campaign this December.
“The holiday season is a time of joy and a few common sense decisions can keep your celebrations safe,” Government Relations Minister Warren Kaeding said. “By following these safety tips, you’ll be able to identify and reduce the risk of common fire and safety hazards in your home.”
Follow the City of Weyburn Facebook and Twitter pages as we share holiday safety tips from the Government of Saskatchewan:
• Day 1: Christmas Tree Care
• Day 2: Safe Use of Christmas Lights
• Day 3: Smoke Alarm Installation and Testing
• Day 4: Home Fire Escape Planning
• Day 5: Safe Use of Extension Cords
• Day 6: Fireplace and Wood Stove Safety
• Day 7: Matches and Lighters
• Day 8: Unattended Lit Candles
• Day 9: Carbon Monoxide Alarm Installation and Testing
• Day 10: Careless Smoking
• Day 11: Fire Risks from Space Heaters
• Day 12: Distracted Cooking
A fact sheet listing all 12 topics and their safety tips is also available online at http://www.publications.gov.sk.ca/redirect.cfm?p=92547&i=109560.
You can also find more information on the 12 Days of Holiday Safety Fact Sheet.
For more information, contact: