Released May 7, 2019
Send waste to a better place at City’s annual Household Hazardous Waste Day
WEYBURN – To help residents dispose of household hazardous wastes, the City of Weyburn is set to host its annual Household Hazardous Waste Day event on June 8, at the Public Works Roundhouse.
The Roundhouse is located at 55 16th St. NE will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for residents to safely dispose of household chemicals, light bulbs, batteries, medications and other hazardous items. Materials will be recycled and disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner.
SARCAN Recycling Depot at 1800 Ebel Rd. will also be open on June 8 to accept paint and electronics.
Items accepted at the Roundhouse include:
- Adhesives (glue, caulking, etc.)
- Aerosols (hair spray, bug spray, etc.)
- Automotive (batteries, anitfreeze, windshield cleaner, car wax, etc.)
- Batteries (cell, auto, dry-cell, Ni-Cad, lithium, alkali, lead-acid)
- Cleaners (household, glass, etc.)
- Fuels (gasoline, diesel, kerosene, lamp oil, oil/gas mixtures, etc.)
- Oxidizers (chlorine, bleach, fertilizer, peroxide, septic tank chemical, etc.)
- Poisons (lawn herbicides, rodent poisons, weed killer, etc.)
- Pharmaceuticals (old prescriptions, no sharp or biological waste)
- Propane cylinders (barbecue or camping cylinders, etc.)
- Solvents (paint thinner, acetone, varsol, alcohol, benzene, etc.)
Please do not bring:
- Waste products already covered under existing stewardship programs such as paint, electronics, oil, etc.
- Biological, infectious and radioactive waste
- Explosives and ammunition
Contact the Engineering Department at (306) 848-3230 with any questions about acceptable items.