Released April 28, 2020
WEYBURN – In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Weyburn City Council has made the decision to defer penalty on non-payment of property taxes by three months to November 1st, 2020. 2020 property taxes will be due by the end of July but interim relief is available to tax payers to defer their payments without penalty.
Pre-authorized payments will continue to be withdrawn from customer accounts based on their agreed upon withdrawal schedules. If customers would like to make other arrangements or be set up for preauthorized payments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Until further notice, all City of Weyburn operated facilities will remain closed to the public:
• Weyburn Leisure Centre
• Soo Line Historical Museum
• Crescent Point Place/Tom Zandee Sports Arena
• City Hall
• Public Works and Parks Building
• Water Treatment Plant
In collaboration with the Saskatchewan Health Authority, we are actively monitoring the situation and will continue to evaluate when City facilities may reopen.
For your convenience the City of Weyburn has the following methods of payment:
• Drop Box at City Hall (cash or cheque) – A night deposit can be found just outside the City Hall main entrance , City Hall is located at 157 3rd St. NE.. Please make sure the type of payment and account number or property address is specified.
• By mail – Mail your bill stub and cheque to: City of Weyburn, PO Box 370, Weyburn, SK, S4H 2K6
• Online banking – Online banking is offered by most banks and financial institutions for utility bills and property taxes. For other payments such as business licenses, fees and rentals, please request a direct deposit form for online payment by emailing email@example.com.
• Pre-authorized Payment Plan (PAP) – This program offers automatic withdrawal from your bank account. For utility bills the exact amount will be withdrawn from your account at the end of the month. For Property Taxes, we offer several different withdrawal dates to ensure taxes are paid in full by December 31. Forms are available at https://weyburn.ca/payment-options/. Email your completed application form and a void cheque to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at City Hall Drop Box @ 157 3rd St. NE.
City Council had also made the decision to defer all interest charges on late utility bill payments and defer all water disconnections due to non-payment. All interest charges on utility bill deferrals will be in effect until August 31, 2020. At this time, the City will still bill on a monthly basis and send out late payment notices as customers will be responsible for their usage and payments. Pre-authorized payments will continue to be withdrawn from customer accounts at the end of the month. If customers would like to make other arrangements, please email email@example.com.