Released July 17, 2020
WEYBURN – As summer is here and more people are out and about, The Weyburn Police Service (WPS) would like to bring more awareness to everyone about keeping your property and belongings safe. Property crime has risen and we would like the Community of Weyburn to help WPS out and be aware of their belongings and surroundings.
If you happen to see suspicious activity in your neighborhood please call the Weyburn Police Service at (306) 848-3250 to report it.
Here are a few other suggestions to help you stay safe:
- Always lock up belongings when not using them. Lock the shed or garage when no one will be around.
- Always lock your doors and windows to your house, garage or vehicle.
- Put up signs that state “Beware of Dog”, “No Trespassing”, or “Cameras in use”.
- Install motion sensor lights on your house or in your yard to brighten up areas.
- Use timers on lights inside and outside of house especially if you are planning to be away for extended time.
- Trim trees and shrubs so that there are no hiding spots for intruders.
- Get you know your neighbors and organize a neighborhood watch in your area.
Stay safe and keep your belongings safe as well.