Released November 30, 2020
As of Dec. 1, the City of Weyburn may begin operating public leisure programming, under specific guidelines which differ from the guidelines of team sport/group activities.
Public Skating Guidelines
- Pre-registration for public skating is required. Book online here.
- Each family member must be registered including skaters and non-skaters/helpers.
- Non-skating spectators are limited to one per registered skater.
- Maximum 26 participants per session.
- A minimum of two metres physical distance must remain between all household groups at all times.
- Skaters will be allowed into the facility 20 minutes prior to ice time.
- Facility doors will be locked 10 minutes after ice booking starts.
- Proper mask use is required in all City of Weyburn facilities and shall be worn at all times, including on the ice surface, other than while eating/drinking.
Public Swimming Guidelines
- Registration is required for public, lane and senior swims and opens at 6 a.m., two days in advance of the available swim times. Book online here.
- Swimmers can register up to the day of the swim but spots are limited to a certain capacity.
- The leisure centre will open 15 minutes prior to swim time and the public will wait in line until directed by the cashier to enter.
- Temperature checks and payment will take place at the front counter.
- Change rooms are open but swimmers are asked to come dressed in bathing suits to avoid congestion.
- All patrons should be respectful and maintain physical distancing of two metres.
- Proper mask use is required in all City of Weyburn facilities and shall be worn at all times other than while eating/drinking or while participating in aquatic activities.
Released November 27, 2020
Due to current public health restrictions, certain public activities at Crescent Point Place, Tom Zandee Sports and Weyburn Leisure Centre have been suspended indefinitely as of Nov. 27. This includes public skating and public swimming programming.
Effective Nov. 27, non-medical mask use will now be required during all indoor fitness activities, with aquatic activities the only exception.
City of Weyburn facilities are still able to operate to host sport groups with athletes for training purposes only as long as:
- Athletes and dancers 18 years of age and under may continue practicing, conditioning and skills training in groups of eight or fewer, abiding by the required mask use and at least three metres of physical distancing between participants at all times.
- Individual groups of eight may not share a training/rehearsal surface or space at the same time.
- Coaches/trainers are not included in the training group numbers as long as they are masked and maintain a minimum physical distance of three metres.
- Maximum 30 people per facility.
The City of Weyburn continues to closely monitor and respond to COVID-19 and we encourage residents to visit saskatchewan.ca/covid19 for information on Public Health Orders.
The health and safety of our community and employees is our top priority and we thank you for your patience during this time. We will continue to update on our website (weyburn.ca/covid-19) and social media accounts to keep our community up-to-date.