Section 16 of the Zoning Bylaw is in place to provide minimum sign regulations regarding the location, type, size and height for all properties in the city in order to facilitate easy and agreeable visual communication throughout.
No sign structure shall be erected, enlarged, changed, or structurally altered without the owner first obtaining an approved sign permit from the Development Officer.
Signs under this section include, but are not limited to:
- Government signs, construction signs, memorial signs, window signs
- Directional signs, and real estate signs
- Flashing, animated, illuminated and rotating signs
- Institutional signs
- Balloon/inflatable advertising or display devices
- Ground signs and free standing signs
- Wall or fascia signs, canopy or awning signs
- Roof signs and projecting signs
- Billboard signs